Selection of Main Category in Magento Backoffice
Magento2 main category configuration
Description :Main Category extension allow you to choose a main category for each Product. Main goal is to use it for product URLs and product breadcrumb. When main category is set, and if option "Enable product URL Rewriting based on Main Category" is set to yes, only one URL for product will be used, and other URLs will be redirected to this one. Please have a look at our demo store. Note that this extension is also used on this store.Functionalities :
- Allow you to select a main category for product
- Main category will be use (optionally) for product url (other category-product urls will be redirected to the main category - product url). For exemple : www.domain.tld/shoes/nike-new-model.html
- Main category will be use for breadcrumb on product page. For exemple : Domain > Shoes > Nike New Model
- Main category is a product attribute, so you can use it wherever you want.
Functionnality missing ? Please contact us, and maybe we could add it to our next release!
Magento : Open Source 2.4
You want it compatible with another magento version, or extension ? Ask us
- Answered needs
Note : This list of answered needs is not exhaustive.
Set main category for a product in Magento ?
- You can't do that in magento natively. Our Main Category extension will do that for you!
I need from Magento a unique product url for SEO, how to do this ?
- With Main Product Category extension for Magento, you will be able to have a unique product URL, using main category url key.
- 2023-03-24 2.0.4 : Force 'catalog/seo/generate_category_product_rewrites' config if main category-based url rewrite is enabled.
- 2022-06-03 2.0.3 : Add indexer command.
- 2021-12-15 2.0.2 : Small bugfixes and improvements.
- 2021-10-23 2.0.1 : Add sitemap support.
- 2020-12-29 2.0.0 : First version.
* Support does not include improvement of the magento extension, such as adding functionnalities, resolve old magento compatibilities, etc... If the module presents a bug on native magento instance (of magento versions listed on extension page), we will resolve it without regarding if you have the support or not.